OVER $24 MILLION RAISED SINCE 2012
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME / CFS) and related chronic complex diseases (such as post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome, fibromyalgia) are dangerously misunderstood, stigmatized, underfunded and under-researched. Every day over 20 million people around the world are suffering.
Open Medicine Foundation raises the money and accelerates the research required to tackle the global health crisis that is Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME / CFS).
OMF, our stellar Scientific Advisory Board, with 2 Nobel laureates, and our international Research Teams are working tirelessly to address this crisis, raising awareness, raising money and driving state of the art research with Collaborative Research Centers at:
- Stanford University - Innovative, collaborative, open-data research to end ME / CFS
- Harvard - Clinical and scientific mechanistic studies to understand Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME / CFS) and discover new treatments
- Uppsala University in Sweden - State-of-the-art laboratory searching for biomarkers of ME / CFS in body and brain
- University of Montreal - Clinical and scientific studies to understand and discover new treatments for ME / CFS
- And through funded projects with leading researchers around the world
Your investment in OMF helps us support far-reaching scientific collaboration, patient-centered advances, and hope for millions worldwide. Can you imagine a better return?
Open Medicine Foundation | Home
We are patients. We are parents and family.
We are caregivers and advocates. We are scientists and clinicians.
We Are You.
RESEARCH NEWS: OMF-funded Research: Publication in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) - A nanoelectronics-blood-based diagnostic biomarker for ME / CFS.
Linda Tannenbaum, OMF Founder & CEO/President, explains What is ME / CFS.